Survey Technologist / LST, BC
Location: Salmon Arm, BC
Education/Experience: Education and/or experience in geomatics or field surveying
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Browne Johnson Land Surveyors is located in Salmon Arm, BC, in the heart of BC’s beautiful Shuswap region. We’re currently looking for a motivated and hard‐working person to join our friendly team of technologists and professional land surveyors.
Browne Johnson offers a comprehensive benefits package and considers the health and wellness of its employees and their families to be a top priority.
This is a full‐time permanent position as a member of a field survey crew, beginning in Summer of 2020. For the right person, the role may expand to include survey calculations and drafting. The role would be ideal for a survey student or Land Surveyor in Training.
- Working alone or as a member of a survey field crew
- Working in urban and remote environments in a variety of weather
- Using conventional instruments, robotic total stations, digital levels, and GNSS equipment
- Performing field calculations
- Interpreting legal plans, field notes, and construction drawings
- Liaising with project managers, contractors, and members of the public
- Working safely and within defined safety protocol
- Education and/or experience in geomatics or field surveying
- Strong communication skills and excellent work ethic
- Physically fit
- Professional demeanour when interacting with clients, fellow employees and members of the public
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driver’s abstract
- Experience with Leica conventional, robotic, and GNSS instruments
- Experience with Microsurvey FieldGenius, Leica Captivate, Microsurvey CAD
- Experience performing legal surveys, construction layout surveys, and site surveys
Browne Johnson is an equal‐opportunity employer.
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com.