Survey Project Manager
Location: Kitimat, BC
Career Level: Management
Education: Degree or technical diploma in Geomatics
Job type: Full time
Number of Positions Available: 1
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities. We’re an industry leader in the application of leading practices and cutting-edge technology within Surveying and Geomatics. Our survey crews and technical employees are committed to working closely with our clients in the resource, infrastructure, and construction industries, and within the communities we help build.
McElhanney Consulting Services Ltd. has a rewarding opportunity for an individual to join our team as Survey Project Manager in Kitimat, B.C. In this role, you will be responsible for managing engineering and construction survey projects. This role is a fantastic opportunity to accelerate your surveying career with exceptional mentorship from the best in the industry.
With the recently announced LNG Canada Project, this is an excellent career opportunity for an experienced survey engineer or survey technologist to get involved in project management of survey projects. Our Kitimat office is well established in providing survey services to the local area and requires additional project management support to meet growing demand.
This is a locally based position in our Kitimat office. At this time, Fly-In, Fly Out is not available for this position. Our firm has been providing survey services in the Terrace-Kitimat Valley for over 50 years, and has an excellent reputation for service and delivery of the most challenging projects.
Kitimat is an excellent location for families and outdoors enthausasists. Check out more at our Kitimat Careers Landing page:
Relocation assistance is available to successful candidate.
- Leading survey crews on projects; communicating scope and scheduling information to team members, setting expectations, and ensuring timeliness of project tasks; delegating responsibilities, monitoring progress and supervising crews and office staff; preparation of estimates and proposals
- Oversee Interpretation of field data in order to create accurate survey drawings and plans, which will include downloading and editing field data, interpreting field notes and sketches, and processing conventional and GPS data
- Providing mentorship, guidance, and training to assist with employee professional development
- Liaising with other Project Managers and clients regarding enquiries and issues; managing information flow from field to CAD technician to client.
- Implementing and ensuring quality assurance on all aspects of deliverables
For more details and requirements, click here (pdf).