Survey Project Manager
Location: Kitimat, BC
Education: Degree or technical diploma in Geomatics
Experience: Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in a surveying role; with experience in engineering, and construction surveys
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Number of Positions Available: 1
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities.
We’re an industry leader in the application of leading practices and cutting-edge technology within Surveying and Geomatics. Our survey crews and technical employees are committed to working closely with our clients in the resource, infrastructure, and construction industries, and within the communities we help build.
McElhanney Ltd. has a rewarding opportunity for an individual to join our team as Survey Project Manager in Kitimat, B.C. In this role, you will be responsible for managing engineering and construction survey projects. This role is a fantastic opportunity to accelerate your surveying career with exceptional mentorship from the best in the industry.
With the recently announced LNG Canada Project, this is an excellent career opportunity for an experienced survey engineer or survey technologist to get involved in project management of survey projects. Our Kitimat office is well established in providing survey services to the local area and requires additional project management support to meet growing demand.
This is a locally based position in our Kitimat office. Our firm has been providing survey services in the Terrace-Kitimat Valley for over 50 years, and has an excellent reputation for service and delivery of the most challenging projects. For additional information and opportunities in Kitimat, visit our customized Kitimat careers page.
Relocation assistance is available to successful candidate.
• Leading survey crews on projects; communicating scope and scheduling information to team members, setting expectations, and ensuring timeliness of project tasks; delegating responsibilities, monitoring progress and supervising crews and office staff; preparation of estimates and proposals
• Oversee Interpretation of field data in order to create accurate survey drawings and plans, which will include downloading and editing field data, interpreting field notes and sketches, and processing conventional and GPS data
• Providing mentorship, guidance, and training to assist with employee professional development
• Liaising with other Project Managers and clients regarding enquiries and issues; managing information flow from field to CAD technician to client.
• Implementing and ensuring quality assurance on all aspects of deliverables.
• Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in a surveying role; with experience in engineering, and construction surveys
• Experience with varied survey sensor platforms, including Laser Scanners, UAV, GPS and integration of data sets from multiple platforms
• Degree or technical diploma in Geomatics
• Valid driver’s license is required
• Supervisory experience with demonstrated leadership and motivational skills
• Experience with survey calculations software, MicroSurvey and/or Civil 3D an asset
• Organized, high degree of initiative
• Good communication – verbal and written; ability to produce accurate field notes.
This role is designated as a safety sensitive position.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The town of Kitimat was developed in the 1950’s as a result of Alcan’s investment in creating hydroelectric facilities to support aluminum smelting in the area. To attract and retain workers, Alcan invested considerable time and money creating a safe and family-oriented community with state-of-the-art facilities and higher salaries. With the recently announced $40-billion LNG Canada project, the largest privately-funded project in Canadian history, we anticipate a busy time ahead of us here at McElhanney.
Located in the Northern BC wilderness, The Kitimat River and nearby coastline is a compelling town to call home for families and adventure-seekers alike, who are looking to grow their career in a place that offers so much opportunity for families and professional growth.
For the pdf version, click here.