Senior Calculations and CAD Technician – Municipal division
Location: Fraser Valley, BC
Education: Degree or technical Diploma in Geomatics
Experience: 4+ years of experience in a similar land surveying role
The hiring company is a locally owned and operated professional land surveying company with multiple branch offices in Western Canada. The company provides a wide range of professional land surveying services in the municipal, oil and gas, development, and public sector. Our Fraser Valley office is expanding and we are currently looking for a motivated, focused, and organized person with excellent communication skills to join their team and drive the company’s land surveying initiatives forward, focused the Municipal sector.
- 4+ years of experience in a similar land surveying role
- Degree or technical Diploma in Geomatics
- Proficient in AutoCad / Civil3D / Microsurvey / TBC / Starnet
- Technically strong and great communicator
- Knowledge of survey and boundary calculations, coordinate systems, and map projections
- Ability to perform computations and assessments of found legal evidence
- Understanding of the BC Land Titles system and myLTSA
- Drafting, plotting, survey calculations, and checking legal and topographic survey plans
- Processing GPS and conventional data and interpreting field notes
- Completing least squares adjustments
- Calculating and checking layouts for housing, commercial, and civil construction projects
- Volume calculations, surfaces, cross-sections
- Communicating and interacting with project managers for performance of project tasks.
There will be minimal travel / out of office work required for this role, as it will be 95% in office.
The company offers excellent salary (or wage for this particular role), plus a strong employee benefits program, and opportunities for training and advancement.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If this is not the right role for you, but you suspect it could be a great opportunity for another qualified candidate, feel free to forward this information to them and have them contact us directly.PDF