Vision, Mission, Governance
That all Canadians come to respect the art and science of the surveyor’s role.
Our Vision Statement reflects the ultimate hope, dream, or ideal that Professional Surveyors Canada and its’ members can work towards together and provides focus for all activities of the organization.
Professional Surveyors Canada is a national not for profit organization representing approximately 1300 professional land surveyors across Canada established for the express purpose of:
- Communicating the importance of Canada’s land survey, land registry and land administration systems as a foundation for effective and sustainable land governance,
- Communicating the purpose, role and responsibilities of the Land Survey Profession in maintaining our survey infrastructure and systems, and in providing authoritative survey and land information services to the public,
- Providing informed and impartial advice to government on matters which impact the effectiveness or sustainability of our land survey, land registry and land administration systems.
- Administering a professional liability insurance program for professional land surveyors for the protection and benefit of the public,
- Undertaking and participating actively in such continuing professional development activities as may be deemed beneficial to maintain the competence of professional land surveyors and to the benefit of the public.
Our governance structure
Professional Surveyors Canada is a member-focused organization governed by a Board of Directors elected by the Members. Members vote for and elect a Director(s) to sit on the Board.
The Board may appoint, from amongst its members, an executive committee consisting of a Chair, Vice-Chair, President, Chief Financial Officer and Treasurer. The Past Chair also sits on the Board of Directors.
All members of Professional Surveyors Canada must adhere to a code of conduct.
All Directors of Professional Surveyors Canada must adhere to a Directors code of conduct.