Manitoba Land Surveyor, Winnipeg, MB
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Qualification: Registered or Eligible for registration as a Manitoba Land Surveyor (M.L.S.)
Job type: Full-time
Meridian Surveys is a leading provider of survey services in the resource, pipeline, and municipal sector. Meridian was founded in 1966 and operates out of ten offices in Western Canada. Since our company’s inception more than 50 years ago, our mandate has been to provide cost effective, quality service.
Meridian Surveys offers a competitive salary and above market group health benefits. Meridian offers a challenging and rewarding workplace and opportunities for growth both personally and professionally. Meridian understands the importance of a work/life balance and the importance of both the company and the employee’s involvement in the community.
We are seeking a talented professional to fill the role of Manitoba Land Surveyor in our Winnipeg Office on a full-time basis.
- Prepare plans, sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys in accordance with the Province of Manitoba regulations.
- Search legal records, survey records, and land titles information as required as a Manitoba Land Surveyor.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted on survey projects.
- Direct or conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries of properties.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of all data, plots, maps, records, and documents related to surveys.
- Supervision of field crews.
- Development of strong client relations.
Knowledge, Competencies, Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of all survey activities and related plan requirements in Manitoba.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; effective time management and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines and see tasks through to completion.
- Ability to work effectively with peers.
- Registered or Eligible for registration as a Manitoba Land Surveyor (M.L.S.)
- Strong Computer Skills
- Strong written and verbal Communication
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Leadership training and safety certificates
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Registered as a Canada Land Surveyor or any other Provincial Licence
- We appreciate all resumes submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.