Leasing BOMA Surveyor
Location: Calgary, AB
Experience: Prior experience conducting BOMA surveying
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been an industry leader in the application of leading practices and cutting-edge technology within Surveying and Geomatics. Our survey crews and technical employees are committed to working closely with our clients in the resource, infrastructure, and construction industries, and within the communities we help build.
McElhanney Ltd. is looking for a Leasing BOMA Surveyor for our Calgary, AB office to complete field and office operations in space measurements. This individual will work both independently and within a team, as a team you will utilize cutting edge technology (portable scanners, Laser Measurers, AutoCAD Architecture) to complete space measurements.
- Take instructions from the project manager for performance of field and office tasks;
- Prepare clear and accurate field notes / sketches / drawings;
- Ability and desire to work in different environments such as Office Building(s), Shopping Centre(s) & Construction Site(s);
- Able to perform on site liaison with Client(s) & Tenant(s);
- Knowledge / interpretation of Architectural drawings;
- Produce field notes and prepare Floor Plans & Schedules using AutoCAD;
- Occasional conventional field surveying operations.
- Prior experience conducting BOMA surveying;
- 1-2 years’ experience using AutoCAD considered an asset;
- Good communications and graphic skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Boma 80, 89, 96, 10, 17 knowledge is an asset.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Sunny skies, a strong growing economy and no provincial sales tax make Calgary a destination of choice. With the pristine wilderness of Banff National Park less than one hour’s drive away, Calgary offers the best of two exciting worlds – from stimulating city life in Canada’s newest urban playground to the spectacular scenery and nearby outdoor adventure in the Canadian Rockies, the rolling foothills and expansive prairies. Residents enjoy superb winter sports attractions like skiing and snowboarding which are matched in the summer by golf, hiking, mountain biking, camping and fishing.PDF