Land Surveyor or Land Surveyor in Training
Location: Prince George, BC
Education: LST designation or BCLS commission, Diploma or degree in Geomatics
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Number of Positions Available: 1
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been an industry leader in the application of leading practices and cutting-edge technology within Surveying and Geomatics. Our survey crews and technical employees are committed to working closely with our clients in the resource, infrastructure, and construction industries, and within the communities we help build.
McElhanney Ltd. is looking for a Commissioned Land Surveyor or a Land Surveyor in Training for our Prince George, BC branch to manage land development and infrastructure projects, utility right of way surveys, topographic surveys, construction and engineering layout, surveys on provincial and First Nations lands, and to provide advice to clients.
This is a fantastic opportunity for career progression for a strong and enthusiastic individual.
Successful applicants will undergo training and mentorship under the experienced guidance of a senior land surveyor to further develop their project management and technical skills.
• Working in a team setting to establish project scope, budget and schedule, and other project or client expectations
• Leading survey crews on projects; communicating scope and scheduling information to crew members
• Managing project budgets and financial reporting
• Managing various survey project types including statutory surveys including land development (subdivisions) and infrastructure, topographic, engineering and construction layout
• Liaising with both internal (McElhanney) and external Project Managers and clients
• Managing information flow from field to final deliverables
• Ensuring quality assurance procedures are carried out for proposals, field returns, drawings, legal plans, documents, and other deliverables
• Providing advice to clients on property and legal survey matters
• Other duties as required.
• LST designation or BCLS commission
• Diploma or degree in Geomatics
• Excellent communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
• Proficiency in computer applications (MSCAD and GNSS processing software at minimum)
• Valid driver’s license
• Periods of travel will be required for the role.
This role is designated as a safety sensitive position.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Known as BC’s northern capital, Prince George is a leader in business, healthcare, education, shopping and culture. Residents of Prince George enjoy lower costs of living which allow residents to enjoy a higher discretionary income. Recreation opportunities are second to none and range from golfing, skiing, fishing and hiking to any team sport you can think of. With over 300 days of sunny weather every year, you won’t find a better place for outdoor adventures!
For the pdf version, click here.