BC Land Surveyor
Location: Vancouver, BC
Education: Diploma or degree in Geomatics
Job type: Permanent, Full Time
Based in Western Canada for over 100 years, McElhanney offers innovative and practical engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. As a 100% employee owned and operated firm, with over 1,000 staff members, we are proud to offer qualified staff with shareholding options in our company. Our teams work hard to build strong connections with our staff, clients, and local communities.
For more than 100 years, we’ve been an industry leader in the application of leading practices and cutting-edge technology within Surveying and Geomatics. Our survey crews and technical employees are committed to working closely with our clients in the resource, infrastructure, and construction industries, and within the communities we help build.
McElhanney Ltd. is looking for a Commissioned Land Surveyor for our Vancouver, BC branch to manage land development and infrastructure projects, utility right of way surveys, topographic surveys, construction and engineering layout, surveys on provincial and First Nations lands, and to provide advice to clients.
- Working in a team setting to establish project scope, budget and schedule, and other project or client expectations
- Leading survey crews on projects; communicating scope and scheduling information to crew members
- Managing project budgets and financial reporting
- Building and maintaining a client base
- Managing various survey project types including legal, land development (subdivisions) and infrastructure, topographic, engineering and construction layout
- Liaising with both internal (McElhanney) and external Project Managers and clients
- Preparing accurate field notes and drawings, managing information flow from field to final deliverables
- Providing mentorship, guidance, and training to assist with LSTs’ professional development
- Ensuring quality assurance procedures are carried out for proposals, field returns, drawings, legal plans, documents, proposals and other deliverables
- Providing advice to clients on property and legal survey matters
- Other duties as required.
- BCLS accreditation; CLS commission is an asset. Applicants nearing completion of articles through ABCLS will also be considered
- Diploma or degree in Geomatics and at least 5 years’ progressive experience overall
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Proficiency in computer applications (MSCAD and GNSS processing software at minimum)
- Valid driver’s license
- Periods of travel will be required for the role
- Vancouver and Lower Mainland experience, with a client base is an asset.
This role is designated as a safety sensitive position.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
McElhanney’s Vancouver office is conveniently situated downtown, just steps away from BC Place and Yaletown and in close proximity to transit, shopping, and restaurants. In this location are engineering, surveying, and mapping branches, as well as the Corporate head office services including Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources, Business Technology, and Health, Safety & Environment departments.PDF