Location: Prince George, BC
Career Level: Mid-career
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job type: Full time
Number of Positions Available: 1
McElhanney Associates Land Surveying Ltd. is looking for a Commissioned Land Surveyor in Prince George, BC! The successful candidate will manage land development and infrastructure projects, utility right of way surveys, topographic surveys, construction and engineering layout, and to provide advice to clients.
· Supervising survey crews on projects; communicating scope and scheduling information to crew members
· Managing project budgets and financial reporting
· Managing various survey project types including legal, land development and infrastructure, topographic, engineering and construction layout
· Liaising with both internal (McElhanney) and external Project Managers and clients
· Managing information flow from field to final deliverables and supervising the preparation of deliverables
· Providing mentorship, guidance, and training to assist with LSTs’ and technical staff’s professional development
· Ensuring quality assurance procedures are carried out for proposals, field returns, drawings, legal plans, documents, and other deliverables
· Providing advice to clients on property and legal survey matters
· Other duties as required.
· BCLS accreditation; Applicants nearing completion of articles through ABCLS will also be considered
· CLS commission is an asset CLS commission is an asset
· Excellent communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
· Proficiency in computer applications (MSCAD and GNSS processing software at minimum)
· Valid driver’s license
· Periods of travel will be required for the role.
This role is designated as a safety sensitive position.
Established in 1910, McElhanney is a Canadian employee-owned company offering top-quality engineering, surveying, mapping, planning, landscape architecture, and environmental services. At McElhanney, you are working within a strong team that is well-established in the local industry. Our employees value working here because of our varied projects, high levels of autonomy, opportunities for career development, excellent total compensation and benefits package, and great team of professionals.
Known as BC’s northern capital, Prince George is a leader in business, healthcare, education, shopping and culture. Residents of Prince George enjoy lower costs of living which allow residents to enjoy a higher discretionary income. Recreation opportunities are second to none and range from golfing, skiing, fishing and hiking to any team sport you can think of. With over 300 days of sunny weather every year, you won’t find a better place for outdoor adventures!
If this is the opportunity for you, visit www.mcelhanney.com/careers to apply online or email email@example.com for more information. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.