Become a Surveyor
Opportunities are expanding, the field is growing—and our profession needs you!
- Work in land development, oil & gas, the environment, natural resource management, mining, forestry, and more.
- Roles for Technicians and Technologists in field surveying, data management, computer drafting (CAD), and geographic information systems (GIS).
- Professional opportunities from Project Manager to Department Head to President and CEO.
What’s it like? Hear from:
John Blair – No such thing as a tough day at the office
Paul Dixon – Right from the start…
Ian Edwards – Thinking globally, acting locally
David Gray – All at sea
Marie Robidoux – A journey that has been more than worth it
Professional Surveyors Canada has developed a national job bank and has a web site dedicated to giving you the information you need to explore a career in surveying.
Explore your future at setyourboundaries.ca
Do you want to:
- work in an indoor office;
- work in an outdoor office;
- work with people; and
- work with the latest technology?
Become a surveyor!
Are you Good at math?
Do you like computers and electronics?
Are you interested in business and people skills, law, and history?
A career in surveying may be for you!
Check out the Canadian Council of Technicians and Technologists too.